This recipe has been reposted here with permission from Diet doctor. The original recipe can be found here.A hearty beef soup made with low-carb root vegetables. Slow cooked with bone broth and herbs, this simple dish will warm the body and the soul.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small red onion diced
- 4 oz. turnip diced
- 4 oz. rutabaga sliced
- 1 small carrot diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tbsp fresh sage or fresh oregano
- 1 lb chuck roast, or any other beef stew meat
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos or tamari soy sauce
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley minced
- 1 lime (optional)
- In a 6-quart (5–6 liters) pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add in the diced vegetables, garlic and bay leaves. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add in all of the seasonings, fresh herbs, and meat. Sauté for another 10 minutes.
- Add in the coconut aminos and vinegar and stir well.
- Pour in the broth and stir well. Bring to a simmer, then reduce the heat to low. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and simmer for 4-6 hours. You may also transfer everything to a slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Serve hot and garnish with parsley and a lime wedge.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!