This recipe has been reposted here with permission from Diet doctor. The original recipe can be found here.Fire up the grill—or just pretend that your kitchen is the new outdoors — and treat yourself to this yummy seared white fish meal, complete with crisp ribbons of zucchini. The finishing touch? A fresh, delicate kale pesto makes this
- 3 oz. Kale
- 3 tbsp lemon juice or lime juice
- 2 oz. walnuts
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 ¼ lb zucchini
- 1 ½ lbs white fish fillets
- Start preparing the pesto by roughly chopping the kale. Place the kale, walnuts, lime, and garlic in a blender or food processor and puru00e9e until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Add the oil towards the end and process a bit more. Set aside.
- Rinse the zucchini and cut thinly with a sharp knife, slicer, or mandolin. Put the slices in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and dress with lemon juice and olive oil. Set aside.
- Salt both sides of the fish and let sit for a few minutes. Wipe off excess liquid and brush with oil.
- Grill or fry the fish for a few minutes on each side in a frying pan with oil on medium-high heat. Season with pepper and serve together with the zucchini and pesto.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!