This recipe has been reposted here with permission from Diet doctor. The original recipe can be found here.Who doesn't love pizza and hot dogs? We married the two together and made the most delicious low-carb pizza-dog casserole that the whole family will gobble up fast. As a bonus, it's ready in no time!
- 1 tbsp butter or coconut oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 cups unsweetened pizza sauce
- 12 oz. uncured hot dogs sliced lengthwise down the middle and then cut in half
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning for garnishing (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Heat butter in a large cast-iron skillet or another oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef, onions, garlic, and salt. Cook, while breaking up the beef, until the meat is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add the pizza sauce. Simmer, uncovered, for 8 minutes.
- Lay the hot dog slices on top of the casserole mixture in the skillet. Cover the entire mixture with the shredded cheese.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 8 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and melted.
Instructions for Instant Pot
- Coat the bottom of a 6-quart Instant pot with the coconut oil.
- Add the ground beef, onion, and garlic and press Sauté. Cook while crumbling the meat for 5 minutes or until beef is almost cooked through.
- Press Cancel to stop the Sauté. Drain the excess grease. Stir in all of the remaining ingredients. Seal the lid, press Pressure Cook or Manual, and set the timer for 5 minutes.
- Once finished, let the pressure release naturally.
- Remove the lid and stir well before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!