This recipe has been reposted here with permission from Diet doctor. The original recipe can be found here.An Italian-inspired stew that comes together quickly for an easy low carb meal. It’s a flavorful dish that combines fish fillets in a tomato base with fresh herbs.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 yellow onions finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pinch red pepper chili flakes
- 1 lb tomatoes diced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup clam juice
- 1 ½ lbs white fish fillets about 1½-inch thick, cut into 2 inch cubes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- In a medium pot over medium heat, combine the olive oil, onion, garlic and red pepper chili flakes. Cook for about 3-5 minutes, until the onion becomes soft.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, tomato paste and clam juice. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Lower heat to medium and simmer tomato base for about 10 minutes to reduce slightly.
- Add fish. Season stew with salt, basil, oregano, and parsley. Cover and cook about 5 minutes until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Divide evenly between bowls, garnish with more chopped parsley and lemon.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!