Original recipe on Diet Doctor, shared with permission. Cloud bread (also known as oopsie bread) is another excellent low carb bread option. It’s a versatile “bread” without all the carbs, and can be eaten in a variety of ways. You can have it as a sandwich, or as a bun for a hotdog or hamburger. Oopsilicious!
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Hand mixer or whisk
- 3 Eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- 4.5 oz Cream Cheese
- 1/2 tbsp ground psyllium husk powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar optional
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks into two different bowls.
- Whip the egg whites and salt with an electric mixer or a handheld whisk until very stiff. This will take a few minutes with the electric mixer and several minutes if done by hand. They're ready when you scoop out a mound of egg white and it holds its peak. If you're using the cream of tartar (see tips below), add it as you whip the egg whites.
- Mix the egg yolks and the cream cheese well. If you want, add the psyllium seed husk and baking powder — this makes it more bread-like.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the egg yolk mix – try to keep the air in the egg whites.
- Place as many dollops of the mixture as servings in the recipe on a parchment paper-lined baking tray. Spread out the circles with a spatula to about ½ inch (1 cm) thick.
- Bake in the middle of the oven at 300° F (150° C) for about 25 minutes until golden.
Calories: 162kcalCarbohydrates: 3gProtein: 6gFat: 14g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!