This recipe has been reposted here with permission from Diet doctor. The original recipe can be found here.Ground beef and cheese. Onions, pickles and tomatoes. Even mustard. It's a deconstructed cheeseburger… reassembled into a yummy low-carb casserole. Who knew cauliflower could serve as the bun?
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 lb cauliflower cut into small florets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 ½ cups canned whole tomatoes, drained
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- 2 dill pickles
- 4 cups lettuce
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C) and grease a 9×12" (22 x 30 cm) baking dish with butter.
- Boil the cauliflower florets in lightly salted water for about 3 minutes or until tender. Drain thoroughly in a strainer.
- In a non-stick pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, cooking until soft and translucent. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add ground beef, stirring until cooked through.
- Drain the canned tomatoes and chop into bite-sized pieces. Reduce heat to medium-low, and add the tomato paste, diced tomatoes, mustard, cauliflower, and spices. Once combined, add ⅔ of the shredded cheese, stirring until melted into the mixture.
- Pour mixture into the baking dish, and add the remaining cheese on top. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve with pickles, lettuce, and olive oil.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!