This recipe has been reposted here with permission from Diet doctor. The original recipe can be found here.A few ingredients are all you need to make these fast and delicious low carb pancakes. The less ripe the banana, the lower the sugar — and therefore carb — content. Either way, you'll get all the good fiber and valuable nutrients. Unripe or green bananas contain resistant starches that withstands digestion, acting like soluble fiber and having less impact on blood sugar and insulin release. So let's get flipping!
- 1 medium unripe banana mashed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp butter or ghee, for frying
- 1 oz. fresh blueberries or frozen
- Mash banana with a fork or in a blender. Add eggs, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and vanilla. Mix until combined and has the consistency of batter.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat with butter. When the pan is hot, spoon the batter into the pan to the size of the desired pancake – up to about 4" (10 cm) in diameter is easiest to flip.
- Before flipping, and while the batter is still runny on top, sprinkle some berries onto the pancake.
- When bubbles appear on the top of the pancake, flip it over and fry until golden on the underside as well.
- Serve the hot pancakes with a dollop of butter.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!