This recipe has been reposted here with permission from Diet doctor. The original recipe can be found here.Ready to embrace the zucchini? Here is a recipe from award-winning Canadian journalist and author Anne Mullens for a favorite, quick keto lunchtime meal of salmon zucchini fritters. Pair these crunchy beauties with homemade tartar sauce and enjoy this delicious winning combo!
Zucchini salmon fritters
- 15 oz. tinned salmon, boneless fillets, liquid drained
- 1 medium zucchini grated
- 2 tbsp white onions finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ground psyllium husk powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 oz. butter for frying
Homemade tartar sauce
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Greek yogurt (4% fat)
- 1/2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp fresh horseradish
- 1 dill pickle chopped
- 1 tbsp scallions finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp fresh dill, minced optional
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the ingredients for the zucchini fritters, except the butter.
- Stir well with a wooden spoon until all ingredients, particularly salmon, are completely distributed. Break down any salmon lumps with a spoon. Set aside for a few minutes while you make tartar sauce.
- Combine all the ingredients for the tartar sauce. Mix well.
- Heat a frying pan on medium heat. Melt butter and with a wooden spoon drop clumps of fritter mixture 1/3 cup (0.75 dl) each into the pan.
- Press fritter lumps flat with the spoon. Pat together any fraying edges to make nice round fritters. Cook until golden on one side, then flip.
- When cooked, keep warming in a 400°F (200°C) oven while you cook the whole batter.
- Serve with tartar sauce and side salad or vegetable crudités.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!