This satisfying meal is equally good made with traditional couscous or the larger, pearl-sized Israeli couscous. Feel free to experiment with whatever vegetables you have on hand. Creamy homemade Tahini Dipping Sauce serves as a flavorful finishing touch for these quick bowls.From Forks Over Knives Family
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 2 cups whole wheat couscous or Israeli couscous
- sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 9-10 cups romaine lettuce cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 15-oz. can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 medium cucumber finely chopped (1 ½ cups)
- 1 medium tomato finely chopped (1 cup)
- 1 medium red onion thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley finely snipped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 ½ cups Tahini Dipping Sauce https://www.forksoverknives.com/recipes/vegan-sauces-condiments/tahini-dipping-sauce/
- In a small saucepan bring broth and cumin seeds to boiling. Stir in couscous. Return to boiling; remove from heat. Cover and let stand 15 minutes or until broth is absorbed. Fluff with a fork. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide lettuce, chickpeas, cucumber, tomatoes, onion, and couscous among eight bowls. Sprinkle with parsley and lemon juice, and drizzle with Tahini Dipping Sauce.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!