A low-carb alternative for mashed potatoes! Great for holidays dinners and to round out your 4-part plate.
- 1 Microwave
- 1 microwave safe bowl
- 1 big, sturdy spoon OR immersion blender OR hand mixer for mixing
- 2 16 oz bag riced cauliflower OR 1 large head fresh cauliflower–finely chopped
- 2 tbsp buter
- 1 tbsp cream cheese
- 1.5 tbsp plain greek yogurt (optional–instead of cream cheese)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 tsp salt (can use non-salt seasoning blend instead) Available at Dollar Stores
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper Available at Dollar Stores
- 1 tsp garlic powder (optional) Available at many Dollar Stores
- 1/2-1 tsp non-salt seasoning blend optional) Available at many Dollar Stores
- If using frozen riced cauliflower, use instructions on the bag to steam in the microwave.
- Pour cooked cauliflower into mixing bowl. There may be excess steam water in the bag, which may make your mash watery. Try to pour in the cooked cauliflower with a spoon and dispose of excess steam water.
- Add butter, and your creamy dairy (like cream cheese, grated parmesan, or plain greek yogurt) and spices like salt, pepper, garlic powder (optional), non-salt seasoning blend (optional)
- Using the back of a big spoon, an immersion blender, or hand blender, mash together the ingredients.
- Microwave for an additional 30-60 seconds to fully melt cheeses with your mash.
Carbohydrates: 7gProtein: 2g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!