This recipe has been reposted here with permission from Diet doctor. The original recipe can be found here.Thick Greek yogurt with quick berry compote by Katie Caldesi makes a super simple breakfast that's filling and low in carbs. Add a few tablespoons of high protein nuts or seeds like almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, or hemp seeds to make it more satiating. You could also have a hard-boiled egg on the side.
- 4 oz. mixed berries (frozen)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, to taste
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tbsp powdered erythritol (optional)
- 2 cups Greek yogurt (0% fat)
- To make this in an instant, put all the compote ingredients in a microwave-proof bowl and heat on full power for about 3 minutes or until the berries are soft and begin to collapse. Then stir into the Greek yogurt.
- Put all the compote ingredients into a saucepan with a splash of water and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- When the berries are soft, they are done. This should take about 5-7 minutes.
- Mix into the Greek yogurt and serve straight away or chill in the fridge until you are ready to eat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!