This recipe has been reposted here with permission from Diet doctor. The original recipe can be found here.Veal is a terrific choice for a burger because of its decadent rich flavor and exceptional juiciness. For the ultimate low-carb experience, pair it with a creamy celery-root mash, sugar snaps, and a touch of brown butter.
- 1 ½ lbs ground veal or ground turkey
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp butter for frying
- 1 ½ lbs celery root or rutabaga
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar (optional)
- 1 oz. butter
- salt and pepper
- 4 oz. sugar snap peas
- 2 oz. butter
- Add all ingredients for the veal burger, except the butter, in a large bowl. Mix into a smooth batter with a hand mixer. Place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Peel and dice the celery root. Cook until soft in lightly salted water for about 20 minutes. Add vinegar, if you're using any. The vinegar helps the celery retain its color and adds extra flavor.
- Strain the water. Mix celery and butter into a smooth puree. Season with salt and pepper. Keep warm.
- Shape meat into round balls and flatten slightly into patties. Fry in butter in a large frying pan on medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Before serving, melt butter on medium heat in a skillet until amber-colored, for a nice nutty taste. Fry sugar snaps for a few minutes in butter.
- Serve veal burgers with the celery root mash and browned butter.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!