Recommended by MCT2D Patient Advisory Board member. "You can eat this dish at different temperatures, either hot or cold."
- 1 Oven
- 1 Sauce pan or larger fry pan
- 1 Casserole dish or sheet pan
- Aluminum Foil
- Cutting knife
- 2 Eggplans
- 6 Roma Tomatoes
- 2 Yellow Squash
- 2 Zucchinis
- 3/4 Cup Greek Olives (optional)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- 6 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 tsp Italian mixed herbs (Herbs de Provence)
- 1/2 tsp Dried thyme
- Salt and Pepper to tast
- Preheatyour oven to 375 degrees F
- Slice your eggplants, tomatoes, squash, and zucchinis into thin rounds, set aside.
- To make the sauce, heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add in your minced garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the can of crushed tomatoes, herbs de Provence, and thyme. Simmer for 5 minutes until flavors have melded together.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Transfer the sauce to an oven-safe casserole dish. Smooth the top with a spatula.
- Next, arrange your sliced vegetables in alternating patterns (eggplant, tomato, squash, zucchini and repeat) over the tomato sauce until they are all used up.
- Sprinkle Greek olives evenly over the casserole. (optional)
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for an additional 20 minutes or until vegetables are nice and tender. Enjoy!
Calories: 136kcalCarbohydrates: 19gProtein: 4g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!