This recipe has been reposted here with permission from Diet doctor. The original recipe can be found here.This is perfect low carb slow food. Flavorful, savory, with a hint of heat and sweetness. Place the main ingredients in one pot, and daydream about the moment you ladle up a big bowl of it.
- 2 lbs lamb shoulder cut into inch-sized pieces
- 3 yellow onions sliced or finely chopped
- 1 finely chopped carrot or parsnip
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 red chili pepper finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tsp kosher or ground sea salt
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 oz. butter or coconut oil
- 1 ⅔ cup crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 lamb bone for marrow
- Prep the meat and vegetables. If using a clay pot, soak it in water for half an hour prior to using it.
- Add all of the ingredients for the stew to the soaked clay pot or your slow cooker. Place the marrow bone in the middle.
- Place in a cold oven set to 350°F (175°C). Let cook for at least 2, preferably 3 hours. If using a slow cooker, set the timer for 8 hours on low or 6 hours on high.
- Keep track towards the end and carefully lift the lid 15 minutes before serving (30 minutes if using a slow-cooker) and add the bok choy, bell pepper, and leek. At the same time, remove the marrow bone. Scoop out the marrow and stir into the stew.
- Taste and adjust with salt and pepper if necessary. Serve with sour cream and fresh cilantro.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!