Shared from original Diet Doctor recipe, with permission. This satisfying and vibrant keto meal has all of the flavors that you love from an egg roll without all of the carbs. A traditional egg roll gets its name (and carbs) from the egg roll-wrapper, so we added a fried egg on top!
- 1 frying pan or wok
- cutting board and knife
Chili Garlic Mayo
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp chili paste
- 1 clove garlic minced
Meat and cabbage mix
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger minced
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 oz (about 45 tbsp) scallions thinly sliced, white and green parts separated
- 1.5 lb ground turkey or ground pork
- 2 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 8 oz green cabbage shredded
- 4 oz (1 2/3 cup) red cabbage shredded
Garnish, On Top
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 large eggs
- salt, to taste
- .5 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 limes cut into wedges, optional
- 2 tsp black sesame seeds optional
- Mix the mayonnaise, chili paste, and garlic together in a small bowl. Place mixture in a small sandwich bag (for drizzling) and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok, over medium-high heat.
- Add the ginger, garlic, and white parts of the scallions to the wok. Fry for a minute, and then add the ground meat, tamari soy sauce, white wine vinegar, and sesame oil. Stir together, breaking up the meat, and cook for 7-10 minutes, until browned.
- Stir-in the cabbage and fry until tender. Taste, and season with salt or more tamari, if needed.
- In another frying pan, cook the eggs in oil, anyway that you prefer. Season with salt.
- Divide the meat and cabbage mix into serving bowls. Cut off a corner of the sandwich bag, and drizzle the chili-garlic mayo on top. Add the egg and garnish with the scallion green parts, cilantro, lime wedges, and sesame seeds.
Calories: 653kcalCarbohydrates: 8gProtein: 41gFat: 51g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!