This recipe has been reposted here with permission from Diet doctor. The original recipe can be found here.Smells like apple pie… tastes like a dream. This easy take on low-carb baked apples comes together in no-time. Don't forget the luscious finishing touch—a dollop of whipped cream.
- 2 oz. butter room temperature
- 1 oz. pecans or walnuts
- 4 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tart/sour apple
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Mix soft butter, chopped nuts, coconut flour, cinnamon and vanilla into a crumbly dough.
- Rinse the apple, but don't peel it or remove the seeds. Cut off both ends and cut the middle part in four slices.
- Place the slices in a greased baking dish and add dough crumbs on top. Bake for 15 minutes or more or until the crumbs turn golden brown.
- Add heavy whipping cream and vanilla to a medium-sized bowl and whip until soft peaks form.
- Let the apples cool for a couple of minutes and serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!