This recipe has been reposted here with permission from Diet doctor. The original recipe can be found here.Keto pork skewers with cauliflower mash and chimichurri. A quick and easy-to-make keto lunch or dinner, also great your weekly for meal prep. You can fry your skewers on the stovetop, or fire up the grill.
- 1 ¾ cups fresh parsley finely chopped
- 4 tbsp small capers
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro or fresh basil finely chopped
- 1/2 lemon the juice
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1 lb pork shoulder in slices
- 1/2 tbsp ranch seasoning
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp butter or olive oil
- 1 ½ lbs cauliflower
- 2 oz. butter
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Place the ingredients for the sauce in a beaker and mix for 1-2 minutes with an immersion blender. You can also use a food processor.
- Cut the pork shoulder slices in inch-thick pieces lengthwise. Sprinkle the ranch seasoning on the meat. Season with extra salt if your seasoning is low-sodium. Place on wooden skewers, cut to fit your frying pan.
- Heat up oil or butter in the pan and fry the skewers for a few minutes on all sides until fully cooked.
- Divide the cauliflower into florets. You can also include the stem, cut it into smaller pieces. Boil the cauliflower in lightly salted water for a few minutes or until soft, but still retaining shape.
- Drain the water. If you want a firmer mash, place the cauliflower in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze out the remaining water.
- Place the cauliflower in a bowl with the butter and parmesan cheese, blend with an immersion blender. You can also use a food processor. Season with salt and pepper and add more butter or olive oil if you like.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!