This recipe has been reposted here with permission from Diet doctor. The original recipe can be found here.Salty and savory, this blue cheese sauce dresses up the average pork chop—and metaphorically takes it to the prom—in this amazingly simple and delectable meal. Fire up your stovetop and let the dance begin!
- 5 oz. blue cheese
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 ⅓ lb pork chops
- salt and pepper
- 7 oz. fresh green beans
- 2 tbsp butter for frying
- Start by crumbling the cheese into a small pot over medium heat. Adjust heat as necessary to let it melt gently. Be careful not to let it burn. When the cheese has melted, add the cream and increase the heat a little. Let simmer for a few minutes.
- Season the chops with salt and pepper. Fry in a skillet on medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes before flipping. Cook until internal temperature is 145°-160°F (63°-71°C). Set aside and cover with foil for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the pan juices into the cheese sauce. Stir and, if needed, heat it up again. As blue cheese is often fairly salty, taste the sauce before adding any additional salt.
- Trim and rinse the green beans. Fry them in butter for a few minutes on medium heat. Season with salt and pepper.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!