This recipe has been reposted here with permission from Diet doctor. The original recipe can be found here.Once you've tried this omelet, there's no turning back. With its irresistible crust and sumptuously rich filling, this cheese-crusted miracle puts traditional omelets to shame. Perfect as a hearty breakfast but also an impressive option for a quick keto lunch or dinner.
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- salt and ground black pepper
- ½ tbsp butter or coconut oil (optional)
- ¾ cup shredded cheese
- 2 mushrooms sliced
- 2 cherry tomatoes sliced
- ½ cup baby spinach
- 2 tbsp cream cheese (optional)
- 1 oz. deli turkey
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Whisk together eggs and cream in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the butter over medium heat in a non-stick frying pan. Spread out the cheese in an even layer so it covers the entire base of the pan. Fry over medium heat until bubbly.
- Carefully pour the egg mixture over the cheese and lower the heat. Cook for a few minutes without stirring.
- Fill one half of the omelet with mushrooms, tomatoes, baby spinach, cream cheese, turkey and oregano. Fry for a few minutes more.
- When the egg mixture starts to set (it can still be quite loose on top, but not too loose), fold the empty half over the side with toppings to form a crescent. Fry for a few more minutes and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!