“[I] grew up with cauliflower soup…mom grew up in the Depression and could cook lots of things with cauliflower.”Submitted by Delene, member of the MCT2D Patient Advisory Board.Stovetop or microwave friendly.
- 1 Medium to large pot
- 1 Stove or hot plate
- 1 Microwave If using microwave, no need for stove or pot
- 1 Large microwavable bowl
- 1 Potato masher
- 1 Blender (to puree) Optional
- 1 Large Head Cauliflower OR
- 20 oz Frozen cauliflower florets (optional) Can sometimes find at Dollar stores
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 1 12 oz can Evaporated Milk
- 1-2 cup Unsweetened almond milk or regular milk Can sometimes find at Dollar stores
- 1 tsp Garlic powder Can find at Dollar stores
- 1 tsp Onion powder Can find at Dollar stores
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cheddar or Parmesan cheese Grated on top as garnish
- Green onions Sliced, on top as garnish
- Cut your head of cauliflower into quarters.
- Place in pot with 3 cups water and steam until soft and cooked through.
- If using frozen steamable cauliflower, prepare in microwave using package instructions.
- Strain water from cooked cauliflower.
- Add butter, evaporated milk, almond milk, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Use a masher to puree the ingredients to a chunky soup, or pour mixture into a blender for a smooth and creamy soup.
- Warm the soup through on stovetop or microwave.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Carbohydrates: 14gProtein: 7g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!