Submitted by Patient Advisory Board member Deborah
- 1 Oven
- 1 Stovetop range
- 1 Frying pan
- 1 cutting board
- 1 Cutting knife
- 5 large Portabello mushroom caps
- 1 lb Mild Italian Sausage (not in links) OR Ground turkey/chicken mixed with Italian seasonings
- 2 Clove Garlic minced
- 1 Green Pepper Chopped
- 1 Onion (vidalia preferred) Chopped
- 6 Slices Provolone cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F (200°C).
- Clean out mushroom caps and set aside, do not wash them.
- Add a small amount of oil or cooking spray to frying pan. Heat on medium heat on stovetop. Add green pepper, onion, garlic and cook until green pepper is soft.
- Add the meat and cook until browned.
- Place mushroom caps on greased cookie sheet and stuff each one with meat mixture (salt and pepper optional).
- Place in oven and cook for 20-30 minutes until the mushrooms look soft.
- Place a slice of cheese on each cap and cook in oven until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 5-10 minutes. They will be hot!!! Enjoy!!
Carbohydrates: 11gProtein: 31g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!