- 14 oz coconut milk (1 can) Aroy-D coconut milk or Savoy coconut cream work well
- 1/4 cup sugar substitute ex. stevia, monkfruit (Lakanto), Swerve
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- fresh or frozen berries, unsweetened shredded coconut (optional)
- Chill your can of coconut milk or cream overnight in the fridge.
- The next day, pull your can out of the fridge, and without shaking the can, remove the lid. Scoop the cream layer of the coconut milk from the top and leave the liquid behind. You can use the liquid later for smoothies!
- Place the cream in a large, chilled bowl (let your bowl sit in the fridge for 10-20 min to chill).
- Using a mixer (hand-held or standing mixer works best), beat the cream on high speed for 1 minute until nice and creamy. Add in your sugar and vanilla and continue mixing for another 1 minute.
- Divide the cream mixture evenly in 6 servings (makes about ¼ cup) and top with ½ cup berries and sprinkle of shredded coconut.
- Note: you can also keep your coconut cream in the fridge for later use; it will harden even more as it chills.
Calories: 226kcalCarbohydrates: 12gProtein: 2.3gFat: 18.6g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!